2002 Nov 13 13:19

Re: [vox] code sleuths needed - cheating suspected

Re: [vox] code sleuths needed - cheating suspected

It would appear that on Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Peter Jay Salzman did say:

> i just don't want to give credit for the homework if it was copied.

IMHO, the point of the exercise would be to see if the students understood
the task set to them. Confront the student you suspect of being less than
honest and ask 'em to walk you through the code. If they understand what's
going on and can lead you through it, no problem, they understand the
code. If they can't, they obviously don't get the concept and may need
more help, or else may need to listen more ;)

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-985-7992 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .