2002 Nov 03 14:11

[vox] cheap NICs

Hey all,

I went to Fry's today, and they were selling PCI 10/100M NICs for $2 with
a limit of 1 per person.  Of course, you can go in multiple times.  The
cards are made by Hawking Technology (http://www.hawkingtech.com).  This
particular card is the PN102TXA, which uses either the Realtek RTL8139 or
the VIA Rhine chipset.  For more details, go to:
http://www.hawkingtech.com/support/linux.htm
I'm not sure what the performance will be on these cards, but if you're
looking for a cheap NIC, $2 is not bad.

FL