2002 Oct 25 19:37

[vox] PostgrSQL contract position

Please respond directly to Ilana.

----- Forwarded message from Ilana Brody <ibrody@pacbell.net> -----

We are a small group of developers located in Walnut Creek and we are
looking for a highly experienced postgres consultant that has
significant experience in tuning postgres data bases.  The person we are
looking for would have recent experience in doing tuning.  Recent
defined as within the last year.  The individual would have data base
design and modeling experience.  Would have programming experience with
SQL.  Would have 10 or more years experience doing sophisticated data
base design data modeling and performance tuning of large, complex data
bases.  Need to know postgres internals.  Need to have deep expertise in
development and performance tuning of stored procedures.  Need to have
somebody in the Bay Area.  A definite plus would someone who has worked
on the Berkeley postgres project or contributed to the open source
postgres system.  The person would be a consultant, not an employee of a
company.

We estimate that this person would be required for a maximum of four
weeks.

Ilana Brody
Technical Recruiter
Tel: 510 594 1279  Cell: 510 508 1174