2002 Oct 24 13:31

[vox] Possible talks by Micah Cowan

hi lugod,

micah cowan has offered to give a talk at one of our meetings.  as an
unofficial poll, what topics would people like to hear about most?

micah indicated that this is ordered by the amount of prep time he would
need to prepare for the talk.

- Advanced E-Mail Techniques, or, Anatomy of an E-Mail (for people who
  don't know SMTP or POP3, or how to read the trace headers - moderate).
- Unicode (moderate)
- DocBook (moderate)
- XML (moderate)
- The "New" C: C99 (tecchy - assumes C knowledge)
- XSLT - An XML transformation language that is itself an XML
  application. This would be a two-parter: 1. XPath and 2. XSLT. (tecchy)

my own unofficial vote would be on C99.   :-)

pete