2002 Oct 23 20:33

Re: [vox] Neither a rocker nor a mocker

"Mock" has a wide variety of possible meanings.  However in
the old Webster's that's handy to me, the #1 definition is
"to treat with ridicule or contempt; deride".

I think that's what Pete means.  We don't ridicule people
nor what they say.  The "what" is irrelevant.  If you
disagree with something, then find a way to express yourself
that shows respect, or else say nothing.

If you don't see how ridicule differs from constructive
criticism, let's sort it out off-list.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/