January 6: Social gathering
2002 Oct 18 09:28

Re: [vox] GPL and LGPL license quiz

hi micah,

i finally managed got ahold of the authors.  they said they goofed when
they released the code -- they didn't know much about licensing or GPL
other than it was good thing.

one of authors said he was going to re-release chord 3 under pure GPL.
it wasn't a priority because they're now working on chord 4, which is a
java version.

i offered to maintain chord 3 on behalf of everyone who'd rather use the
C version than the java version.   :)

i guess the story has a happy ending.  they turned out to be well
meaning people who were just hard to get ahold of.

pete

begin Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name>