January 6: Social gathering
2002 Oct 19 16:12

Re: [vox] need help: long boring question about the GPL

Re: [vox] need help: long boring question about the GPL

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

==8<--
> i disagree.  maybe i'm just an idiot, but i just don't see it.  in all
> the large programs *i've* ever written, the code always gets updated,
> the docs always fall by the wayside.  i write docs during the planning
> stage and promptly forget they exist.

oh well.  like i said, IANAL.

> ahh.  i didn't know about versions 1 and 2.  you obviously peeked.

I didn't peek.  I guessed from what their document says.  But for all I
know, they're referring to some past experience, not a previous version of
CHORD.

> still unclear in my mind.  i think i'm going to just ignore their wacky
> license.  if they cared, they would've gotten back to me by now...

If they dragged you to court over this, which I'm sure they won't but if
they did, I'd guess the judge is just gonna tell you you shouldn't use a
piece of software if you don't understand the license.  But I'm sure it
won't come to that...

But whatever the case, do what yams suggested with the patch file idea.
It's safe no matter what the interpretation.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/