2002 Oct 14 19:47

Re: [vox] Re: Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

Re: [vox] Re: Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

Back when I ran Mandrake, I used ROX Filer as my file manager. However
when I switched to Debian, ROX didn't have .debs available, so after I
discovered the "showexec" mount option to FAT drives, I switched to
xftree. (I keep all of my documents on a FAT partition mounted in my
home directory that I can share with windows)

ROX had no problem with all of the documents that had their execute bit
set by vfat, it just ignored it and opened them with the correct
programs. Maybe this behavior was broken, but it worked well for me.
xftree always tries to execute files whose execute bits are set, a
behavior which was rather annoying to me for a while, but is probably
more correct.

I'll admit though, that ROX's "Choices" was rather annoying. Why couldn't
they have named it ".choices"? And why doesn't WindowMaker name their
directory ".GNUStep"?