2002 Oct 11 15:08

Re: [vox] Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

Re: [vox] Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:16:17PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > eterm was cool for a couple of months, then got kinda tired.  :(
>
> What was the big deal with Eterm, other than the cool/transparent
> backgrounds?  (I assume I just never poked around at it enough to
> figure out why everyone loved it so much :^/ )

bill, i believe eterm had highly configurable backgrounds and
transparent backgrounds before anyone else.

functionally, eterm is very similar to gnome-terminal.  i think it just
had the cool features first.

pete