2002 Oct 11 12:18

Re: [vox] Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

Re: [vox] Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:43:15AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > does konsole have a multiple screen facility that uses tabs (ala
> > opera/mozilla)?
>
> Yep.  I use 'embedded-konsole-tabs' on the Zaurus, too.
> (You need to, since you can't open more than one copy of Konsole.)

you're killing me...  ain't no way i'm going to load all those
dependencies for konsole, but it DOES sound ultra nice!

maybe i'll try to make a statically linked version so i don't have to
load a million MB of libraries.

> There's a version of gnome-terminal that supports tabs, as well.

aha!!

apt-get install multi-gnome-terminal multi-gnome-terminal-doc

i'll check it out.  thanks for the tip!

pete