2002 Oct 09 14:11

Re: [vox] SuSE 8.1

I just installed SuSE 8.0 Personal on my desktop last night, and it is by far
the fastest distro that I have tried.  At least in 8.0 the plug-ins were
preconfigureds, and everything worked perfectly.  All hardware was detected,
and easily configured.
    Java was included, so StarOffice worked great, as did web sites in mozilla
that are plug-in heavy. .  SuSE is so far the most polished Distro that I have
used.  I would give Gentoo a try, but I can't get DSL in my neck of Davis.
INstalling everything over a modem seems really tedious.

Very nice product!
Just my $0.02
George

> > Just recieved my copy today, its the update version, which
is the same > as the full professional version, just without so many manuals.