2002 Sep 28 02:54

[vox] Security hole in Unix/Linux PDF viewers

[vox] Security hole in Unix/Linux PDF viewers

I just noticed this in my nightly Yahoo! News mailing:

Hole in Open Souce File Viewers Lets Hackers In
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,105473,cp,reuters,00.asp

"A security flaw in commonly distributed file-viewing programs may make it
possible for attackers to use Adobe Systems PDF and PostScript files to run
malicious code on machines using the Unix or Linux operating systems, according
to an advisory released by technology security company iDefense."