2002 Sep 27 15:29

[vox] gentoo newbie plea for help

The mailing list rules don't say I can't ask stupid questions about
Gentoo Linux, so here goes:

How do I mount /dev/hda3 as /mnt/gentoo when it's already mounted as / ?
mount doesn't let me do this:

   > mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo/
   mount: /dev/hda3 already mounted or /mnt/gentoo/ busy
   mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda3 is mounted on /

Are there some more detailed gentoo installation instructions somewhere?

Thanks!

--
Issac Trotts

www.issactrotts.net