2002 Sep 27 10:50

Re: [vox] handspring visor is dead

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>

> It would replace your cell phone pretty handily. Whether it would replace
> your Visor depends how you use your Visor... and in your case, it doesn't
> sound like it would.

ahhh... that's too bad.  ultimately, my PDA is more important than a
cellphone.  i wouldn't sacrifice the PDA functionality that i've gotten
used to, just for a cellphone.

maybe i'll see if i can get a visor phone off ebay.   as long as i can
get service for it.  they got pretty good reviews, and you can take
notes while you talk on the thing.

i don't understand why cellphone enabled PDA's have been so poorly
received.  i can't think of any better suited marriage.  cellphones with
PDA capabilities just don't do it for me.  the small screens, lack of
graffiti pad and inextensibility are a huge turn off for me.

pete