2002 Sep 27 10:50

Re: [vox] Req: DemoLinux CDs

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 01:33:01PM -0400, Stephen M. Helms wrote:

> I have an older version 3.0 not 3.01 which is the latest.  I can burn a copy
> of that.  Do you know what the purpose is?  As demolinux still uses a 2.2.x
> kernel and there is a couple of newer bootable cd's that have a 2.4.x
> kernel.  Namely knoppix and the latest Gentoo bootable CD.

IIRC, he simply wanted to use it to 'get used to Linux' while waiting
to build a dedicated Linux box.  Or something...

I also figured that once he's "done" with them, he can either give them
back (for us to give away and/or put in the Library), or give them to
friends, to spread the word (and byte and float) of Linux.

Perhaps I should see if he's on vox, and if not, suggest he subscribe,
so he can coordinate this himself. ;^)