2002 Sep 27 08:54

Re: [vox] handspring visor is dead

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>

> > http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=2833
> >
> > the visor is dead.  long live the visor.
> >
> > i predict handspring will be out of business within 2 years.
>
> I would second that.  I have no intention of getting a Treo, but my Visor
> is getting a bit creaky with buttons wearing out and memory seeming a bit
> small so I would have been interested in a new Visor.
>
> Oh, well, maybe at this rate my upgrade will be extra cheap. ;)

that's how i look at it.  my visor does a great job.  i couldn't ask for
anything more.  handspring going out of business really doesn't mean
much to me.  my visor still keeps track of my phone numbers, memos,
shopping lists, etc.

> BTW: I kind of like the Hiptop, but I haven't seen a formal release, and I
> am not sure how good it will be as an organizer.  Since I think an
> organizer is more valuable than a communicator for my needs, I am probably
> in none of these guys' target market.

ooooooooo...... this is the first i've heard of it.  looks nice!

hopefully...
* it'll have a graffiti pad[1]
* it'll use palmOS
* voice quality will be good
* i can import my visor's palmOS data[1]

nice...
* LCD screen replaceable with screwdriver.  outstanding!
* at $200, the price looks good
* According to Danger, the agreement includes "all you can eat" data
  capabilities starting around $25 a month.  <-- can this be true?

bad...
* java on an arm... i have a feeling it's going to be suh-low.

if anyone gets one PLEASE post a review to vox!

pete

[1]: these items would be a show stopper for me.