2002 Sep 20 15:18

Re: [vox] [OT] Motorola and the 6502

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 02:56:50PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:

> And of course the Atari 800 and 400 -- the latter was the
> first computer I ever owned.  It was a pretty hot machine,
> with 48K of RAM, 80K diskette drive, and 300 bps Hayes
> modem.  :-)

I started with a 1200XL (64K RAM) and 1050 (127K disk drive)
and _years_ later picked up an SX212 (1200 bps modem).

I'm thinking of writing a new game for the Atari soon.
Probably a Puzzle-Bobble style game, perhaps stealing (as best I can)
some of the art from Frozen Bubble for Linux, if it's alright with them. ;)

> I created and operated what I'm pretty sure was the world's
> first Atari-based BBS, programmed in a mix of Basic and 6502
> assembler.

Wow!  Did you have a name for the software?  I may have heard of it,
and/or can dig up a copy! :)

(I run XL Search:  http://xlsearch.atari.org/ )