2002 Sep 20 15:09

Re: [vox] [OT] Motorola and the 6502

On Friday 20 September 2002 02:38 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> There's an interesting thread spanning a number of various usenet
> newsgroups. One post I just read has an interesting tidbit of history of
> the 6502 we all know and love (Atari 2600, 8-bit, C=64 (actually, 6510),
> Nintendo, Gameboy, etc.):

And of course the Atari 800 and 400 -- the latter was the
first computer I ever owned.  It was a pretty hot machine,
with 48K of RAM, 80K diskette drive, and 300 bps Hayes
modem.  :-)

I created and operated what I'm pretty sure was the world's
first Atari-based BBS, programmed in a mix of Basic and 6502
assembler.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/