2002 Sep 14 12:07

Re: [vox] Pronounce it to find hidden meaning...

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 11:53:27AM -0700, ME wrote:

> Wayyyy back when, I thought it was considered appropriate to actually
> pronounce the G in GNU to make it obvious there was a G in the name. Of
> course, the living entity we call a gnu is pronounced differently...

Two comments:

  "No guh-news is good guh-news with Gary guh-new!"
  [ from some bizarre kids show from the late 1970s or so ]

And:

  "No, it's pronounced 'nome', not 'guh-nome.'  They're stupid and don't
  know how to say it right."
  [ paraphrase of some KDE fellow I met at LinuxWorld this year, talking
    about the Gnome people :^) ]