2002 Sep 14 10:43

[vox] [OT] cell phone question

hi all,

i remember countless threads about cell phone service, but a quick
search of the archive did not turn anything up for pete and i. if you
can direct us to the thread, please do (and don't flame me please).

i had tracfone (where you buy miutes every month) which i think is
through verizon. the service sucked, adn since i am in the bay area
during the week and calling davis and fairfield, i am looking for cheap
long distance. can people give me pros and cons of their service? i also
am interested in pros and cons of the actual phones themselves.

pete, on the other hand, wants a visor phone for his handspring. you can
get sprint pcs, cingular, or mobile-t (?) with the phone discounted, or
you can get just the phone with your own activation.

so who do people recommend for wireless service? and which phone models?
i am also looking for "stay away from xxx because yyy".

thanks,
rhonda