2002 Sep 13 15:37

Re: [vox] Lindos: Michael's Minutes

Could happen...I have both satellite TV and DSL from DirecTV.  The
buy-in cost for the satellite receiver at the time (about two years ago)
was about $130 including tax, and all I had to pay for the DSL gateway
was the $24.95 overnight shipping charge.  Plus, look at all of the
service providers pretty much giving away cellphones (ugh! - but that's
another rant) because of the money they can make on the service.

I think a functional, albeit low-end, home computer system from Dell
or Gateway goes for about $599-$799, including Bill's OS, so the day
may not be far away.

The very first PC that I owned cost about $2400 in the mid-80s.  For
this I had two diskette drives, an 8-MHz 8086 CPU and a mono monitor,
but I did spring for the max memory at that time, a whopping 640k!

Jim