2002 Sep 10 11:56

[vox] Re: Best messaging client for Linux!

[vox] Re: Best messaging client for Linux!

I use GAIM (a universal client), but I use it for AIM communications
exclusively. TMK it is the one AIM client that can both download your
buddylist from AOL's servers and show you your buddy's away messages when
you view their member profile. It has a couple bugs with buddylist
download, but unless you use AIM for windows, you'll never notice.

I also use naim, an ncurses based client for AIM and IRC. It's available
at naim.n.ml.org. It doesn't play well with xterms or most other termianal
emulators (it only works well from the VCs at least until I have a chance
to change my keybindings), but in those cases I can use gaim or I can use
whatever client is installed on the computer I'm using at that particluar
moment.

BTW, is anybody here a Debian developer? I packaged naim into a .deb, and
I'm looking for someone to sponsor it so I can put it into the distro.