2002 Sep 10 16:41

Re: [vox] Best messaging client for Linux!

Re: [vox] Best messaging client for Linux!

Hi Mark,

I personally like Yahoo's Messenger client that you can get from Yahoo
themselves (yes!  they have support for *nix even if it's not as new as
the other versions!).  It has very cool emoticons also.

If you need something that will interoperate with a lot of different IM
clients, try http://gaim.sourceforge.net .  It has plugins for each IM
service. Currently, I'm using it for Yahoo, AIM, MSN, & ICQ.  It will also
let you manage different accounts (and even different accounts on the same
IM network).  You will have to install GTK for it to work, though.

HTH, FL