January 6: Social gathering
2002 Sep 10 12:38

Re: [vox] Open Office vs MS

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 03:18:46PM -0700, andy wergedal wrote:
> We agree on something <gasp>
>
> I never use password encrypted files. I create pdf's if i
> do not want anyone to change the contents of the document.

Well, it's less editing the document, and more 'going back and seeing
what you HAD said before.'

I got a .doc file in an email once, with some offer about affiliating or
advertising or something website-related.

Anyway, I didn't want to bother DL'ing it and firing up StarOffice, so
I just saved the file to my shell account at my ISP and ran 'strings' on it.

At the bottom, near my name & address, I saw that of a number of other
'(potential) clients' they had e-mailed.

Smoooooooth...  (Honestly, I'm sure whoever did it had no idea Word was
doing that.  But then, that's what you get for not RTFM I guess? ;) )