2002 Sep 09 15:19

Re: [vox] Open Office vs MS

Quoting andy wergedal (awerg@yahoo.com):

> Conclusion ABIWord is cross platform and the most
> compatible with MS Word.

I really do love Abiword.

In addition to your caveat about embedded OLE objects, there's also
the question of password-protected .doc files.  You might want to
compare how Abiword and OpenOffice.org compare, in dealing with those.
My vague recollection is that neither of them is set up to deal with
Microsoft Corporation's peculiar document encryption, but one of them
informs you of the nature of the obstacle, and the other just chokes.

--
Cheers,   "This is mad, egotistical, sick, twisted, and stretches the bounds of
Rick Moen   good taste right off the tongue, past the uvula, and down around