2002 Sep 09 13:51

[vox] Open Source in edu / gov't

I just read this (quoted from SEUL/edu "Linux in Education Report #78"
[http://www.seul.org/edu/report78.html] )...

  There was a K12-education-focused panel planned for the upcoming
  "Open Source: A Case for Government" Conference in October.
  [ http://www.egovos.org/ ]

  The organizers wanted to have some representatives from the
  Open Source/Free Software educational community on the panel, but
  we were made aware of the conference a few days after the deadline
  for submitting speaking proposals had passed, so there will be no
  Open Source/Free educational people there.

Barf!  You don't ask someone to come talk at a conference AFTER the
deadline.

FYI - The "OS: A case for gov't" conference is taking place in Washington DC.