2002 Sep 09 11:51

[no subject]

I'm guessing maybe it's when you just load OpenOffice, create a new file,
and try to save as a ".doc" file??

-bill!
Long-winded PS - One of my favorite features of The Gimp is its ability to
detect what file format you want to save as when you type the filename.

In XV, for example, you need to specifically choose GIF, PNG, JPG, etc. from
a pull-down (and it alters the filename in the type-in field, if possible).
This means you can inadvertently save a GIF file as "something.png"
because you forgot to change the pulldown.

In The Gimp, if you leave the 'file type' pulldown to 'automatic', it'll
know to save as PNG when you say "filename.png" :)

I think all apps. that deal with multiple formats should be this smart. :)