2002 Sep 09 10:46

[no subject]

The "open standards" battle cry is all well and good ... as is open office
"almost" reading MS Office perfectly ... unless you're like me - a technical
editor in a Windows (MS Office)-only company, who needs to be able to take
work home and keep the formatting from becoming hashed in translation.

(And if there's anyone out there who knows of a documentation/graphics/etc.
job in a company more open to open standards, please let me know ... I've
been at this place long enough)

I've pulled paid for & pulled down Crossover Office, and am testing it with
Word 97 ... so far things seem to work as advertised.  Excel 97 has issues
with opening files, and a few other features.  Also having some issues with
getting the installer to *erase* word/excel 97 so I can try out Word 2k, but
that might be a mistake I made during installation.