2002 Sep 09 10:38

Re: [vox] linux in schools or municipalities

Re: [vox] linux in schools or municipalities

In my search for schools that use open source, I am suprised
by the lack of it in California. Bits and pieces, but nothing
comprehensive.

I agree with you about OpenOffice.org as a minimum.  The
Berkeley school district is heavy into Macs, but there is now
an alpha out for OpenOffice.org on Macs...yeah!  One step
away from license fees if/when it is used.

To really ring some bells, we probably need to start a
comparison of pricing between MS Macs and OpenSource.  Do
you know of any comparisions to date?

Portland still seems to be the most comprehensive
http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/linux/
but it should not be an isolated case.

Good luck with the letter writing effort,

Mary Kay Murlas

mk@itdc.edu