2002 Sep 09 10:21

Re: [vox] Codeweavers to speak in October

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Dave Margolis wrote:

> Wow, that's very exciting news!  I think the cross-over plugin is neato
> (although I admit I'm using the trial version).
>
> I'd like to ask the list what they think about cross-over.

I like the Quicktime plugin, but I have to agree with you that the other
plugins are not much use to me. Even the Quicktime plugin has given me
grief. As far as the M$ Office plugins go, I have OpenOffice installed, so
that takes care of any office documents I may come across.

> I just wish a native Quicktime player would get done.  If we can have
> real, flash, acrobat, etc....

I just installed the latest MPlayer (built from source) and it *almost*
plays Quicktime movies. I just lack the correct audio codec. Once I get
that, I suspect I would have no more need for the Crossover QT plugin. It
seems that the Open Source community will obviate the need for a non-free
player. Here's hoping. :-)