2002 Sep 08 21:07

[vox] [ANNC] Tux Paint 2002.09.08

( I hope people don't mind me plugging my apps. on VOX.  :^) )

I just released a new version of "Tux Paint!"

Today's version (2002.09.08) has two important new features:

  * Printing works!

    You can print your pictures now.  Parents/teachers/etc. can also
    disable printing entirely, or only allow the kids to print once
    every X seconds.

    The command used to print can also be adjusted using Tux Paint's config.
    file.  (I tweaked it once to convert the picture to ASCII and print it
    as text :^) )

  * Save & Open use thumbnails

    The 'Open' dialog is extremely fast now, since it doesn't need to
    great thumbnails on the fly any more - the "Save" command creates them!
    (If there are any missing thumbnails; e.g. from pictures saved before
    today's version, the 'Open' dialog will create them for you automagically)

Other changes include:

  * 'docbook-to-man' tool no longer required to compile/install.
    (If it's missing, you just won't get a man page :^) )

  * Nifty alpha-blended shadow on the 'pop-up' dialog prompts.

  * More levels of undo.  (Yes, Tux Paint has multiple undo/redo!)

  * ...other tweaks & bug-fixes.

You can get the latest version of Tux Paint from my website:

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/

I love feedback and suggestions, so send 'em my way!

Thanks & enjoy!