2002 Sep 06 22:34

Re: [vox] lame phone spam...

mike,

i assume you know about california's no call policy, so i won't go into
that.  i keep a detailed list of the calling number, the company that is
soliciting, the company they're soliciting on behalf of, the date and
some kind of operator ID or name.  i keep it in a text file on my
system.

also, caller id and the privacy manager have cut down the phone
solicitations from a couple a week down to 1 in about 4 months.  it
sucks to have to pay for privacy, but that's the world we live in.

maybe some courageous person will take pacbell to court to try to sue
them into giving us privacy options for free.

pete

begin ME <dugan@passwall.com>