2002 Sep 06 12:25

Re: [vox] OT: Good Domain Name Registars

Re: [vox] OT: Good Domain Name Registars

Pfah.  Verisign has gained quite the reputation for their sleazy
marketing techniques.  I got a renewal notice from them even though my
domain name isn't due to expire for another 8 years, and isn't even
registered through them.

The things desperate companies will stoop to in order to make a quick
buck.  Pretty disturbing if you ask me.

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 17:59, Shwaine wrote:
> What are some good domain name registars? After having just received
> an email from Verisign with the subject "RENEWAL NOTICE: SHWAINE.
> COM will be up for renewal soon" when my domain name does not expire
> until August of NEXT year (I guess a year from now qualifies as "soon"
> in their current business model), I have decided I've had just about
> enough of them. Seeing Slashdot's article about their ICANN troubles
> is the last straw to get me off my lazy bum and fill out the transfer
> paperwork. So, all I need now is a better choice to transfer to.
> Any favorite registrars?
>
> Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
> http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
> telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com

vi vi vi - the editor of the beast