2002 Aug 31 19:23

Re: [vox] nvidia

On Saturday 31 August 2002 18:54, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i've rethought my stance on the ATI radeon.  the foot-dragging of ATI on
> the 7500 and (binary only) official 8500 drivers have completely
> levelled the playing field of whether ATI or nvidia is the enemy of
> open source.  they're both the enemy.
>
> in lieu of this, i'm switching over to nvidia, especially in lieu of
> the upcoming doom 3.
>
> what is the absolute top of the line nvidia card with linux support?
>
> pete

Strange, getting lots of people on other lists going to ATI...But to answer
your question, how much are you willing to sink on a graphics card? The top
is the Quadro (aimed more at proffessional video types), but I can guarantee
its about $400. The top of the line Nvidia card aimed at PC workstations is
the Geforce 4 TI 4600 is about $200.

Matt