January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 30 13:53

[vox] [OT] Tokyo toy fair

So there was a toy fair here in Japan a couple days ago.  I didn't go but
some of my friends went from the company I'm staying at.  I thought some
of the products may interest some of you:

   - Robot pet toys.  Kinda like Eibo but think small... like the size
     of jaw breakers.  Comes in varieties of animal shapes.  They
     move and flap their ears.  Approximately 1300 yen per pet, if I
     read the catalog correctly.

   - Dog bark translator.  Yep, that's right -- now you can understand
     what your dog is saying!  No, I don't know how well it works...
     I haven't seen it demoed.  But conceptually the dog should be able
     to figure out how to bark to get the translator to say what it wants,
     given enough time.  Translation is only in Japanese for the moment.

Later!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim