2002 Aug 29 09:05

Re: [vox] Pete's Bday & truth in advertising! (was: need help withthe lu

Re: [vox] Pete's Bday & truth in advertising! (was: need help withthe lugod faq)

[chop]

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Micah Cowan wrote:
> You, neither, huh? I couldn't even grow a beard until I was about 21
> unless I wanted bald patches in it...

I could grow a goatee, and did so several times, but they are not
everything they appear to be; yes, they are sexy in many cases *but* not
the thing you want if you have an intimate relationship with another...

I had a GF who wanted me to grow a goatee. I told her that If I grow one,
I will keep it for 6 months. (She never had a BF with one.) After I had it
grown (about 1 to 2 weeks) she wanted me to cut it off...

Goatee are often cared for by keeping the hairs shorter than you might
have with a normal beard. When the hairs are shorter, they are more rigid,
and don't have as much length to bend when force is applied to them. This
makes the person being kissed feel like they are enduring an exfoliation
process or kissing a cactus, rose bush, or perhaps a running belt
sander. (YOW!)

So, even if you choose to grow one, and can, your wife, spouse,
girlfriend, fiancee, sig-o, will probably ask you to remove it or try to
use your chin as a pumice stone to remove their callouses.

Heh-heh

-ME