2002 Aug 27 23:26

Re: [vox] SpamCop.... (possible changes...)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> mike,
>
> the only changes i've noticed are:
>
> 1. spamcop seems more intelligent about spam to listserves.  we've had
>    some difficulties in the past of spamcop thinking that lugod.org
>    was a spamhause.  that seems to have gotten better.
>
> 2. spamcop is inching over to "nagware".   :*(
>
> fwiw, i once had a problem with spamcop; can't remember what it was.
> i think it was a problem with the HTML generator and their webpage
> wasn't being set up correctly.  this was a long time ago...
>
> anyway, they have a mailing list which i subscribed to and asked about
> the problem.  it got solved within minutes.  literally minutes.
>
> if you see a problem with spamcop and have any suggestions (or want them
> to be aware of something they may not be aware of), i highly recommend
> contacting them.  you'd be sure as heck doing me a favor, since i'm a
> diehard spamcop user myself!

Before I wrote this e-mail, I wrote letters to my ISP and my valid MX
relay to apologize for my rude behavior. Then I e-mailed two different
addresses at spamcop to try to see what could be done to make sure the
reports do not count against my associate valid MX relay and my ISP.

I have a response from them, and will try to work through this with them.
We can see what happens. I still have the "SPAM" that was forwarded with
full headers so they can see why only my ISP or my valid MX relay were the
only ones listed. I am more to blame than spamcop on this one, but want to
help others avoid making the mistakes I made in reading each spam process
thoroughly as I should. :-(

-ME