2002 Aug 26 18:27

Re: [vox] Don Marti of Linux Journal

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> begin joseph e arruda <zeruch@dibona.com>
> >
> > 1. linuxpants
> > 2. scientology
>
> if don marti is part of the internet war of scientology i'd be
> _extremeley_ interested in hearing about it!  i love hearing about stuff
> like that.  it's such a twisted story.

Don certainly is all against L.Ron Blowhard and his loathsome band of
merrymakers.

> > 3. chickmagnet.org
> > 4. good surf music
>
> other listed topics: eh.  might be more interesting to hear about
> "linux-elitists".  i was on that list for awhile and after 2 days,
> couldn't take it any longer.

Piker.  I've been there since day one (albeit I delete half the threads
before reading. Don, Ben Woodard and the Moens are about the only names I
pay attention to).

BTW, Ben Woodard would make for a good speaker as well.

LE is an acquired taste.

> i think don marti might be good for "bring your own topic".  has his
> hands in alot of cookie jars.

Oh, you bet.  Don is still one of my favorites, because he is so
opinionated but not dogmatic.  We have agreed and disagreed on a bunch of
topics, but he is always good for an engaging head to head.