2002 Aug 26 11:49

Re: [vox] [OT] Learning to program

On Monday 26 August 2002 11:24 am, Micah Cowan wrote:
> Aside from readibility, a rule of thumb I *try* to follow that governs
> most of what I do and produces maintainable code is: use data
> structures over "code" whenever possible....

Well... after you strip away all the semantics that make us
think we know what's going on, the ultimate truth is:

  code = data

My philosophy is to use whatever solution is the best compromise
between brevity, elegance and ease of maintenance.  Whether it
ends up in a code segment or in a database is secondary.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/