2002 Aug 24 13:37

[vox] Website Passwords

I subscribe to an expensive web based research program for my business.  I
start the program by typing a password on a webpage.  When I type the
password, asterisks are echoed back to represent the characters of the
password.

Here's my question.  If I use this service where the public has access to the
webpage; say the U.C.Davis Law Library, can someone get into someplace like
the browser cache and retrieve the password?  In other words, how secure is
the password (after I log off and leave) in computers to which the public has
access?

Thank you.

Bob