2002 Aug 24 12:02

[vox] [mk@itdc.edu: Linux Question]

he's not on the list, so if you want to respond, you'll have to cc him.

pete

----- Forwarded message from MK Murlas <mk@itdc.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:53:11 -0700
From: MK Murlas <mk@itdc.edu>
To: root@lugod.org, mk@itdc.edu
Subject: Linux Question

I was excited to learn about how linux is being using in schools while I
was at
LinuxWorld last week.  I have recently moved back to California and am
in the
process of building up my contacts.  While I am in the training
business, my
passion is getting affordable computing to K-12 schools.

So, I am very interesting in finding CA schools and municipalities that
have "embraced" linux
as a replacement for microsoft or apple.  I want to learn about their
experiences and figure
out a way to help in the transition for other schools.  Do you know of
any or of any one that
might be able to point me in the right direction?

I appreciate your help.

Mary Kay Murlas

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"I hate physics.  In engineering, we never read the book.  We solve problems
by looking for the right equation.  Most of us hate to read."

                              -- One of my engineering students