2002 Aug 20 14:14

Re: [vox] No One's Immune

begin Marc Hasbrouck <m_hasbrouck@yahoo.com>

> This gives me an idea. What would be the risk to the
> club to have a voluntary list of folks willing to do
> things computer for pay. I envision the online
> equivalant to a business card bulletin board. Those
> who want to be listed add their name and a description
> of what they will do. (i.e. Marc Hasbrouck, will set
> up LANs and Linux systems, reasonable rates, free
> quotes. Contact at ...) Or, do you know of some outfit
> that is already providing a service like this?
>
> Marc
> Underemployed tech, admin, etc.

we discussed this -- i think it's on bill's TODO list.  he does so much
already, i don't want to push.  :)

the lugod FAQ (http://www.lugod.org/documents/faq) has a section on
people who are interested in doing consulting work.  everyone here
should really give the FAQ a read.  it took an unbelievable amount of
time to write, and there's good stuff in there.

so far, the only person in the section on consulting work is rod.

if anyone else wants to be included, contact me via email.

pete