2002 Aug 19 18:20

Re: [vox] Neat Thing

another good test is the mp3 test.  start playing an mp3, open a
browser, print a job, open a window, access the floppy drive.

see which OS plays the mp3 with the least amount of trouble.

admittedly off topic, but here's on topic again:

i guess where i was going was this:

in a town where lots of people have broadband, and LANs are pretty
common, i wonder if a business like that (whether using linux or not)
could survive.  i'm kind of guessing yes (but i'm not sure).

most everyone i know with ADSL gripes about the connections.  and while
people here tend to have screaming computers, there's something nice
about having visual contact with the person on your team.  couple that
with a nice dark atmosphere which looks like something out of the
matrix, and i think you've got a winning business.

pete

begin Robert G. Scofield <rscofield@afes.com>