2002 Aug 17 14:27

[vox] impressions of linux world

i'd like to hear peoples impressions of linux world.

here are mine.

1. both the google presentation and the redhat/amazon presentation were
very good
2. the _golden penguin bowl_ was a little long winded
3. i saw a whole lot of computers on the expo floor running winXP, which i
don't remember seeing last year
4. nobody rioted and beat up the microsoft guys

anybody come home with some good stuff?
i came home with some swag (spelling?) and a happy hacking keyboard, which
is cute, but not too exciting

overall my wife and i had a fun two days in sf and a i had a good visit to
the show...

dave