January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 27 14:39

Re: [vox] Re: OT (SPAM) "Someone you know has a crush on you!"

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Ken Bloom wrote:
> There's a reason that spamcop exists. To save you from having to do all
> of these searches yourself.
>
> Nonetheless, I still haven't figured out what it is you're trying to
> figure out.

Oh, I am trying to figure our who has a crush on me!

I must try *really hard* to guess really good e-mail addresses. Sure, the
original was sent to spamcop, but I really do not know if their web
service is for harvesting e-mail addresses for spamming or not. If they
*dont* harvest for spamming, then the entries I submitted will do nothing.

If however, they *do* spam all of the submitted e-mail addresses, then
they will be spamming their ISP, their ISP's abuse mail accounts, their
ISP's upstream backbone connection admins and abuse accounts... etc.

The ISP's who knowingly allow/permit spammers to spam from their networks
are just as guilty as the spammers. Wouldn't it be good if the spammers
spam the ones who permit them to spam? ]:>

But, on the other side, yes, I use spamcop.

-ME