2002 Aug 17 09:06

Re: [vox] For the Sysadmins out there

hmmm... I read the thread and mabye I'm reading what you wrote wrong. The way
I see it setup from the way you described is that there is a remote file system
somewhere on the network. There is a public share for everyone and a private
share that only you can access, i.e. "your home directory". Policy wise that's
the way I'd do it. Only have to backup one place.

Of course I was a network/system admin at one time and that's the way we did
things and that was our policy. If it's important to you and only you, put it
in your private "Home Dir" network share. (we back that up).

Of course my favorite story is when our CFO's hard drive died and when we asked
if he was using his private share he of course said no. I told him we spent the
money on all the hardware. Not my fault he didn't use it ;)

Mike