2002 Aug 14 16:33

[vox] lugod faq update: broadband in davis

[vox] lugod faq update: broadband in davis

hola,

i updated the LUGOD FAQ today.  a section on "the davis area".  one
topic i included is "getting broadband in davis".

i did a search on "DSL" in the mailing list archives, but the search
engine needs a little TLC right now.

if someone is so inclined, i'd appreciate some input for this section.
some topics off the top of my head:

1. what's the deal with SBC and PPOE (my service doesn't use PPOE, so i
   don't know much about this topic).

2. are there other broadband options besides sbc/dsl and omsoft/dsl?

3. pointers on getting sbc/dsl PPOE working.  i know that jeff newmiller
   posted an extensive email on this subject, but i'm not finding it in
   the archives.

4. anything of relevence that we should put in the FAQ.

you can find the FAQ at www.lugod.org/documents/faq or
www.dirac.org/linux/lugod.

thanks!

pete