2002 Aug 10 15:46

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> Actually, it wasn't - check again, it was mine. (It does, in fact, say
> "Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name)").

Allow me to refresh your memory:

    To: vox@lists.lugoMAPSd.org
    Subject: Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)
    From: andy wergedal <awerg@yaMAPShoo.com>
    Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

    --- Tim Riley <timriley@timriley.net> wrote:
    > What is Enterprise software?

    Enterprise software is for large companies (1,000+
    employees) that affects the entire business. Like ERM
    (Enterprise Resource Management - keeping track of the
    employees time and costs), CRM (Customer Resource
    Management - Keeping track of customers), Accounting, and
    other systems like that. These solutions usually run on
    high-availability, fail-over systems that must not fail.

    I know that my description defines a great avenue for
    Linux, but that why Linux is gaining ground in the Server
    arena and not on the desktop.

    -- Andy

Now, if you have any posts of _yours_ that you desparately need me to
comment on, please let me know.  However, the comment I was responding
to was Mr. Wergedal's, immediately above.

> And again, I say: "belief or opinion".  In what way is that not an
> answer to your two-answer question?

The question was, of course, entirely rhetorical.  It has now served its
purpose, and I believe we are done.

> Perhaps it's about time to use an old Rick Moen standby when others
> have asked similar from you - "I'm not your research service".

Oh, I am _so_ very disappointed.

> Are you really claiming you don't know anybody who blindly applies a
> tool to a problem for which there are clearly better tools around?

I can't help noticing that you seem to want to change the subject, all
of a sudden.  It's a pity:  As an easily-confused techie, I was hoping
to be enlightened, and head off those sudden bouts of cynicism about
people hurling empty rhetoric that I've fallen victim to, of late.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell