January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 10 14:43

Re: [vox] "Sun Casts Shadow Before Linux Gathering"

ME writes:
 > On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Micah Cowan wrote:
 > > ME writes:
 > >  > On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Micah Cowan wrote:
 > >  > > I dunno - I can forgive that easily enough; it's the "does not yet
 > >  > > have the reliability and power of older Unix systems" that baffles
 > >  > > me. I guess that all depends on what kernel version you decide to
 > >  > > use...
 > >  >
 > >  > Perhaps, logically speaking, if Linux has *more* reliability and power
 > >  > than older *NIX systems, then the above can still be true. ];>
 > >
 > > Hm... although if you ask me if I have two cups of flour,
 > > and I answer that I don't, and you later discover that I had eight,
 > > this technical truth from a very limited POV will not be enough to
 > > keep you from kicking my a$$...
 >
 > Heh. :-) Naw, I would not kick your ass. After all, you have the 8 cups of
 > flour and I wanted to borrow two of them. Who would I be to kick someone's
 > ass when I wanted to borrow flour anyway, Microsoft? If that were the
 > case, the cake made with that flour that people would eat would include an
 > EULA for eating the cake which allowed me to interrogate their body and
 > upgrade any parts I wished at any time without further consent. (Read new
 > EULA with SP3 for W2K.) Besides, I dont know if I *could* kick your ass,
 > cause I am just a nerd.

Yeah, but so am I. A somewhat more heavyset nerd than I was a few
years ago, too. This gives me a disadvantage in speed and dexterity,
but an advantage once I can hold you still enough to *sit* on you.

:)

 > P.S. Do you have 2 cups of flour?  hee hee...

Nope. I checked.

(...looks more like 5 or 6 :) )

-Micah