2002 Aug 10 14:48

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Defending myself is not my favorite pastime. I was simply
stating factual informaiton from my personal point of view.

The main point of my statements in this thread, were to
point out that because of my employment choices I am tied
to Microsoft's OS and Office offerings, nothing more or
less.

In case my integrity is still challenged...

I worked for GDS (Global Distribution Center for HP) for
the last two years. Once HP accepted Linux as a strategic
OS (along with windows and HPUX) we shipped 90% linux
servers and 10% linux desktops. The volume of transactions
that I was personally involved with was in the around
45,000 boxes in 45 countries. (I feel that this volume is
at least a representitive sample of the market, and so my
opinion should be considered) Even if 50% of all the
desktops sold were converted to Linux after the purchase,
the majority is not linux. Hence my personal opinion, which
you are welcome to disagree with.

-- Andy